Care for Your Patriotic Decor
Handle Your Decor With Pride
Independence Day is over and the celebration is committed to memory. If you decorated your home for the 4th of July, you might be wondering how to care for the fabric patriotic decorations.
Here are pointers for storing nylon, cotton and poly/cotton blend pleated full fans, pleated half fans, pulldowns and bunting purchased at LIBERTY FLAGS, The American Wave®.
- Inspect your decor item and shake or brush off any insects, cobwebs or dirt.
- Spot clean small stains. A Tide Pen or similar item works great – just be sure follow instructions closely.
- Dry cleaning is not recommended.
- Large soiled areas can be cleaned by fully submerging the fabric in a plastic bucket filled with a soak solution up to 30 minutes, (follow your detergent guidelines, adding the recommended amount of laundry detergent per gallon of COLD water). Steer clear of detergents that contain bleach. Drain the solution and fully rinse the item 2-3 times in cold water until water runs clear. Immediately HANG the item to fully air-dry. DO NOT PLACE IN DRYER.
- Restoring pleats to full fans can be done now or before hanging next year with a hand iron set to the lowest setting that allows steam, taking care not to scorch the fabric.
- Store in a hanging clothing storage bag, in cotton pillowcases, or in acid-free containers in a climate controlled environment.
Best wishes on long-lasting patriotic decor! Of course, if you ever need a replacement, you can find all the patriotic buntings, fans, pull-downs, and stick flags you'll need in our online store.
Send us your pictures of your American patriotic decor, American flags, flagpoles, ropes, or other accessories! We would be honored to feature your photography in our blog or on Facebook. Remember, photos of damaged flags and accessories are valuable, too.
Was this information useful to you?
Do you have suggestions for information you'd like to see here? If so, please send them our way!
Please send all of your suggestions or questions to service@LibertyFlags.com. We want to hear from you!
Have a great day, from your friends at LIBERTY FLAGS, The American Wave®.